how long till it comes out, also will it be free?
Build 44/45 - Almost Ready for Launch!
We skipped an update for Build 44 but are going to cover that build plus 45 in this extra special “last” blog post before the final stretch run to release the game onto Steam, GOG and itch.io! We will have an announcement regarding the launch date later this week.
Before we get to the new stuff, take a second to check out our launch trailer!
Now that you've enjoyed that, on to the changes!
Enemies will now “disperse” when the pod wakes up. This means they will move into cover if close by or will enter overwatch. This won’t start happening until medium difficulty missions as it does add to the initial difficulty.
Follow Mode is the biggest new feature we launched in these builds. It had quite the evolution over the course of the last month or so as we integrated player feedback. You choose a “point” for the team and an optional “trailer” and then control the point while the rest of the team follows you. Your point can position next to a door and then wait for the rest of the team to automatically position around him/her. Followers will also automatically reload after a fight and move to pick up loot around you. You can also configure them to be offensive or defensive (staying in cover) to fit your play style or the situation.
Enemy Pod Spawning
Enemy pods also changed a good bit in these builds. We now have three different types of pods and determine enemy “roles” to make sure that a pod has a “primary” enemy and secondary enemies.
Full pod - this will 3-4 enemies depending on the difficulty level. It has a primary enemy and 2-3 secondary enemies. Will be two of these pods spawned in the level.
Small pod - this will have 2-3 enemies depending on the difficulty level. It will not have the primary enemy. Will be two of these pods spawned in the level.
Boss pod - this will have 4-5 enemies, with the boss added to the full pod. Should only be in enemy “boss” encounters and “final” missions and will be in the level at most one time.
Speaking of bosses, now the “final” mission on objective always has a boss in the objective (loot, sub, etc) room.
Sub Unlock Objectives
We also added Sub Unlock objectives into the mix. In each zone except the Republic, there is a sub construction facility with a new “prototype” sub you can find and bring back to the base. You’ll have to get to the sub with more than one character and then have one of the characters “enter” the sub and drive it back to base. The remaining characters then must get back to the starting sub.
New subs include the Medical Sub which lets you revive a dead character after successful mission.
Finished Character class stat effects
- Deadeye - increases visual range
- Assault - reduces shotgun range penalty
- Wildcat - increases weapon range/accuracy up to +2
- Soldier - increases dodge and status defense
- Warden - increases cover use bonus
- Wrecker - increases damage dealt to cover up to +2
- Annihilator - increases visual range and dodge chance
- Butcher - increases health up to +10
- Swashbuckler - increases movement radius up to +2
- Turrets are now triggered in rooms by firing a weapon or opening a loot box.
- The enemy AI now uses skills.
- We’ve added even more “barks” (the text over the character heads) including custom barks for Mercs in addition to class based barks.
- Added some Cutscenes
- Camera drag is more intuitive and we’ve made several panning improvements.
- Updated background floor/wall colors and associated cover to reduce blending. Also shortened all cover so that it was easier to see the square behind it and more clear what area it “covers.” Also moved loot boxes to the front of their cover square so it was more clear where to click.
- Support 21x9 resolution and fixed resolution bugs
- Made several optimizations to make the game and AI run faster.
- We’ve updated the game logo.
- Enemies disperse starting on medium difficulty
- Turrets use overwatch on hard
- Enemies use overwatch when dispersing on impossible
- Level layouts are a little smaller except on “final” missions
- Hard and up zone maps are smaller
- XP earned for a hit lowered
- Multi shot weapons were getting extra hits
- XP earned for destroying turret lowered
- Base XP for mission completed raised
- No limit on mercs or team member
- Hostages you can’t add end up in team back at base
- If team wipes, equipment not currently equipped is available at base