Depth of Extinction First Access
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Depth of Extinction is a retro style, turn based tactics game with roguelike and RPG elements. 500 years after the waters rose, humanity is dying and only your team of mercs can find out what is trying to bring mankind to extinction. Find cover and attack enemies but be careful because every move is critical if you want to keep your team alive.
Customize your character with upgrades, skills and weapons as you explore many different environments rendered in beautiful pixel art in this procedurally generated tactical RPG.
This First Access game is being sold only in limited quantities. If you are unable to purchase, please sign up for our mailing list to be notified when more copies are available.
- Turn based, tactical control of a squad of mercenary pirates
- Procedurally generated undersea habitats to explore
- Tons of weapons, armor and items to find
- Many character skills to unlock based on stats and chosen class
- Recruit unique characters to your team
- Mission based gameplay
- 15+ different enemy types, each with unique AI and attack patterns
- Beautiful pixel art environments where everything is destructible
About the Game
Strongly influenced by games such as FTL, X-Com (originals and reboots), Fallout 1 & 2, Shadowrun and Wasteland 2, this procedurally generated tactical RPG stands on its own as a worthy game for fans of those series.
I think this is going to be an incredible game when it’s finished. It’s already damn fun now!
Depth of Extinction, a tactical turn-based RPG inspired by X-Com and Fallout, will have players wandering a flooded post-apocalyptic world, fighting pirates, raiders, and androids while trying to keep order.
About First Access
We are at a point in the development where we need the community's help to balance the gameplay. We are going to begin selling a limited number of First Access copies of Depth of Extinction at a discount over the expected retail price ($19.99) so that you can experience the game as we are making it, have input into the final direction, and help us determine what is working and what is not.
Final Release Plan
The final game is planned to be released on Steam in Spring 2018.
Anyone who purchases the First Access will also receive a Steam key when the game launches there.
|Published||Oct 13, 2016|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Oct 31, 2016|
|Genre||Role Playing, Survival|
|Tags||2D, Atmospheric, Pixel Art, Post-apocalyptic, Roguelike, Strategy RPG, Tactical RPG, Turn-based, War|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Twitter|
Get exclusive access to this game by purchasing while quantities last.
First Access Rd 3
Get first access to Depth of Extinction! This purchase includes access to the First Access version of the game on itch.io and a Steam key to the final game when it is released.
You will get access to the following files:
- The World Opens Up: Build 39 Preview13 days ago
- Build 38 - Character Classes, UI and Balancing21 days ago
- So about those Character Classes...34 days ago
- Build 37 - Platform Environments and Pirates! Arrrgh!41 days ago
- Build 36: New AI, Weapon Effects and Tactical Polish87 days ago
- Build 35: Updated Visuals and PolishOct 14, 2017
- Build 33: New Mission Screens!Aug 28, 2017
- Status Effects and ItemsAug 03, 2017